Welcome to Lunarpedia!
A resource for reaching our stepping stone to the Solar System.
Statistics: 926 articles | 413 uploads | 29 administrators
|NOTICE: All articles in the main namespace are released to the Public Domain and may be used for any purpose without entangling restrictions. DO NOT add any content to these pages that you do not wish to release to the public domain and/or lack the authority to release to the public domain!
|Articles controlled by the GNU FDL should be imported with full revision histories to the GFDL: namespace. For example, the [[Crater chain]] article from Wikipedia would need to be implemented as [[GFDL:Crater chain]] here. A tutorial is available.
|Articles meant to require attribution to Lunarpedia.org under the terms of Creative Commons must be placed in the CC_Luna: namespace (for example, [[CC Luna:Crater chain]].
Lunarpedia's sister sites
Lunarpedia's mission is to cover everything we will need to know how to do on Luna (the Earth's moon) to set up self-sustaining bases and colonies, as well as related efforts, designs, and business models that may eventually lead there. Construction is always ongoing and you can help!
Featured article: JSC-1
JSC-1, a lunar soil simulant, was developed and characterized under the auspices of the NASA Johnson Space Center. This simulant was produced in large quantities to satisfy the requirements of a variety of scientific and engineering investigations. JSC-1 is derived from volcanic ash of basaltic composition, which has been ground, sized, and placed into storage. The simulant's chemical composition, mineralogy, particle size distribution, specific gravity, angle of internal friction, and cohesion have been characterized and fall within the ranges of lunar mare soil samples. ...(read more)
You Can Help!
- Find an identified needed article with a red link, click here for a list of missing but linked to articles, or create your article by typing in the topic name in the URL (such as http://www.marspedia.org/index.php?title=articlename.)
- Refine an article stub into something more complete.
- Or simply tidy up an article in this category.
- An offsite guide to Wiki formatting can be found Here.
New Users Start Here!
- Contact Michael Mealling (email "mmealling at moonsociety dot org") to request a new account.
- You can click on your user name and create a user page to tell us about yourself.
- If you have questions or comments about any page then click on the "discussion" tab and type in the edit box. Make sure to sign all talk page discussion with a row of four tilda characters (eg. to sign your name type: ~~~~).
How to layout your pages
These files are best saved to your hard drive and also printed. Right click and "Save Link As" to do that. Or, if you have the plugins installed you can just click and view in your browser. But please don't forget to come back here afterwards :-)
When you add comments to User_talk pages, please sign using <BR/>-- ~~~~, this automatically adds your signature and a time and date stamp in UTC like so:
-- MikeD 09:15, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
Anonymous users (those not logged in) should also sign with some sort of ID, like for instance <BR/>-- JoeBloggs ~~~~~ which would result in something like the following:
-- JoeBloggs 09:15, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
- Original research is allowed and encouraged
- On topic is our concern, not notability
- We're not concerned about encyclopedic neutrality
- On topic commercial articles are welcome