Welcome to Lunarpedia!
Groundbreaking began on the evening of 12 September 2006 and things are still in an early stage of development. The goal is to cover everything we will need to know how to do on Luna to set up colonies, as well as related efforts, designs, and business models that may eventually lead there.
You can help! Click here to create your account -- or donate your content anonymously (at least for the time being).
Lunarpedia:Outline draft -- Peter Kokh presented us with this and we think it's a good start on a framework for Lunarpedia. Please take a look through it and add anything we may have left out. Keep in mind that some subjects will have considerable overlaps with others. If you can think of a way of charting those overlaps we'd love to hear from you.
NOTICE: All articles in the main namespace are released to the Public Domain and may be used for any purpose without entangling restrictions. DO NOT add any content to these pages that you do not wish to release to the public domain and/or lack the authority to release to the public domain.
Articles controlled by the GNU FDL should be imported with full revision histories to the GFDL: namespace. For example, the [[Crater chain]] article from Wikipedia would need to be implemented as [[GFDL:Crater chain]] here.
Articles meant to require attribution to Lunarpedia.org under the terms of Creative Commons must be placed in the CC_Lunar: namespace (for example, [[CC Lunar:Crater chain]]
Categories to fill out:
- Category:Mission Plans -- Possible missions from potentially affordable ones to multibillion dollar exodi
- Category:Business -- How to set up a space business or an entire network of businesses
- Category:Physics -- The equations and other requirements
- Category:Components -- What you can expect to find to be able to put something together with, and what may be in the works
- Category:Vendors -- Companies you can or may eventually buy components from
- Category:Hardware Plans -- From how to build a cheap space telescope you can stick on a shared Dnepr launch, to O'Neil Colonies
- Category:Locations -- Mare Crisium, Mare Anguis, Tranquility Base, etc.
- Category:People -- Who is whom, was whom, or could be and why
- Category:Transportation -- Transportation in, on, or over Luna. (Orbital, suborbital, surface or subsurface)
- Category:Urban Planning -- Urban planning on Luna, with special regard to closed environments. Some subcategories will also fit under other primary categories such as Life Support and Transportation
- Category:Life Support (Overall) -- Life Support master category, sub categories should go in here. Most of these sub categories will eventually be listed as main categories also.
- Category:Organizations -- Organizations which support lunar or space colonization.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.